Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Comments on Renaming Researched Q&A

Renaming Researched Q&A

+4
−0

Before launching the site, we had a discussion on Codidact Meta about naming the category we currently called "Researched Q&A". Other possibilities we explored included

Now that the site's up, I wanted to restart the discussion. I think I dislike "Researched Q&A" on the grounds that it implies that the regular questions don't require well-researched answers. "Research-level Q&A" seems like it could come off as a little elitist. At the moment, I'd vote for "Rigorous Q&A", since that certainly describes what we're looking for in both questions and answers. What do people think - should we rename the category, or keep it as-is?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (3 comments)
General comments
Mithrandir24601‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

Would different people understand 'rigorous' in different ways? Would be my main question - for one person, this could be a solid mathematical proof, for the next, a long detailed argument containing no numbers, so is there an easy way to reconcile this, or would that matter if we had it clearly written what is/isn't required? (I'm going by the issues on WB where it took quite a lot of effort on your (mods) part to get people to use the tag properly)

Mithrandir24601‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

I do see the issues about 'researched' though... Depending on what we set the requirements to be, I could see 'referenced' quite easily (but I'm biased on that one)

Monica Cellio‭ wrote almost 4 years ago · edited almost 4 years ago

It's been a few days and "rigorous science" seems to have the most support. I think it's an improvement on what we've got now. Shall we change it? Also, please consider adding a help topic about what's expected for that category, and we can link to it from the category description.