Exclusively underground creature experiencing sun-light for the first-time
I have this creatures which were hiding underground for millennia. They are, from the beginning of their history, exclusively nocturnal.
They emerged back on surface after moon disappeared (irrelevant how) adding another nail to the coffin of human race, which beside fatal environmental changes, now face these creatures. With the moon out, the distant stars simply do not provide enough light to repel them.
I googled some creatures which were discovered in deep caves or living so deep in ocean that they never experienced sunlight (Like in my case). They are nearly translucent or completely pale,what i did not found is what would really happened to them if they were exposed to sunlight
Bonus question: Beside UV light, would man-made sources harm them - like laser pointers or xenon lights?
Description of the creature:
- Translucent skin except calloused parts, but flesh is solid milky white with visible veins and muscle fibers.
- No eyes
- 2 pair of ears for Infrasonic wave length and second for Ultrasound
- Very long fingers with 5 joints
- Quadrupedal, but with ability to stand bipedal
- Imagine nasty looking vile meerkat in size of lion